Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

AirPlay between my ATV and iPad drops regularly. Help?

Hi,

 

I have an ATV 3rd generation and an iPad 4th generation in my classroom running off our wireless network and am finding that AirPlay is very "hit-or-miss", although it seems to more often "miss" and drop the AirPlay connection or not find an AirPlay connection at all. I don't know if the connection between the wireless hub and the ATV seems to cut out or if it is the connection between the ATV and the iPad, but I lean towards the internet connection especially because from time to time the ATV gives me the error message "There was a problem connecting to the network. There's a problem with your network connection. Check your settings and try connecting again. (-3905)"

 

I never have problems with wireless access for any other equipment in the room, including the iPad, (PC) laptop, or my iPhone. My ATV is 30 feet away from the wireless hub, but I encounter similar AirPlay connectivity problems in other classrooms where the hub and the ATV are much closer. Has anyone else had problems like this, or are there members in the community that can please give some advice? Even if we could just use the ATV to mirror the iPad information without use of video streaming, that would be an improvement.

 

Thanks so much for your help, and talk with you later,

 

Tim


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment