Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Anyone still having IOS 6 wifi issues?

I'm currently waiting on Apple support to call me back about this issue, but I thought I would reach out here to see if anyone else is having similar issues.

 

I upgraded to IOS 6 yesterday afternoon, and immediately after I could no longer connect to the Wifi at my place of employment.  Everyone had this issue, no big deal.

 

Went home, Wifi worked fine.

 

Came into work this morning and I am still unable to connect. I have tried all of the various recommended fixes, and even gone so far as to do a complete restore.   I work at a university with multiple networks and access points and have tried connecting to several, both secure and unsecure, with no luck.

 

This is what happens:

Unsecure Networks: Attempt to connect, wheel spins, Error Message: "Unable to Connect"

Secure Network: Attempt to connect, prompted for password, enter password, Error Message: "Incorrect Password"  (Yes I entered the correct password, I tried multiple times, and the IT tech was able to connect to it with his iPad 2 running IOS 5)

 

I am also not the only one, everyone on campus who has upgraded their iPad 3 to IOS 6 is unable to connect. (All staff/factulty have iPads, most have upgraded)

 

I have spoken with the IT department and they are baffled, they have tried rebooting various routers and access points to no avail.

 

Obviously there is something different happening in IOS 6 that is causing these issues.  My question is has anyone else encoutered this issue, and if so what have you done to fix it?

 

I have seen people above who have upgraded firmware on their personal wireless routers with success, but for a university with literally hundress of access points and routers this is out of the question, at least in the short term.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment