Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

App I don't own appears in updates - won't go away


For a couple of weeks now, an app I don't own has shown up as an update in the App Store on my iPad (iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1). The app in question is MotionX GPS Drive. I have never purchased it, nor to my knowledge has anyone given it to me as a gift. If I try to update it, an error dialog appears with the message "You can not update this software since you have not owned the major version of this software." Also, when there are other updates I can't use the "Update All" button, as this error stops the others as well (I can, however update them with individual buttons). I've attached a screen shot for reference.



Rebooting the iPad has no effect. Signing out and in of the App Store has no effect. The update does not appear in iTunes on the computer I sync the iPad with. The app does not show up in "Purchased" either in iTunes on the computer or in the App Store on the iPad.



It's a minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless. I would like to avoid restoring from backup if possible. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks in advance. The screen shot is below:



View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment