Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

app store download stopped

I've been experiencing very slow app download today since about 5pm EST till now (past 9pm EST).

 

Not only that, the bunch of apps I selected to download has, aside from the first 3 or 4, completely stopped getting downloaded. That is the spinning circle indicator on the top left is no longer showing.

 

The odd thing was when I selected another new app to be downloaded, that one did get downloaded but none of those left waiting to be downloaded is getting downloaded - or at least none of them has the % completion bar showing any change (all blank or 0%).

 

The Genius for App is turned off already - has been so as far as I can remember. Settings->Privacy->Location Services is not turned on for app store. Oddly, everytime app store is launched for the first time after reboot the GPS/navigation indicator does show *BRIEFLY* on the top right of the screen.

 

I have rebooted the ipad multiple times by either holding down just the top right hand button on the back, or holding both that button & the home button until the apple icon shows.

 

I have also rebooted my router multiple times. Internet access from ipad is clearly working as webpages get loaded. Speedtest.net shows download speed avg 0.8Mbps.

 

I would have tried to clear out all those apps still waiting to be downloaded & re-select them to see if that might work. However I don't see a method for doing that.

 

Any ideas? Thanks.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment