Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Home sharing not reliable

On my computer my music library is stored in iTunes. The library is about 2 GB.

Home sharing is ON.

On my iPad there is a small music library for 'on the road'. Home sharing is ON.

There is 11 GB free memory on the iPad. It is mainly used to play music on my stereo system. The are some apps installed, but these are not active.

The software on the computer, the iPad and iTunes is the latest version.

 

Problem:

Frequently, the iPad stops playing the shared library and plays the local library. When I turn on the shared library it either is incomplete, distorted or not there at all.

When I renew the cache it works fine. ... for a while. A few days, a day or even for several hours.

Sometimes the artwork does not show correct but for the first page.

This phenomenon happens even while streaming. 

 

I renew the cache by turning off Home sharing, shutting off the Music App and restarting the iPad. Then turn Home-sharing ON, activate the Music App and select Shared library.

 

I do not turn off the iPad (for the night) in fear of disturbing the cache.

 

I really don't know how to solve this problem.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment