Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I am unable to locate where to change the phone number that is associated with my itunes account.

I am unable to locate where to change the phone number that is associated with my itunes account.  I have a new number and the old number is no longer accessible by me.  I've logged into my iTunes acct and it seems I can only change my appleID itself, my billing address info, and password and things like that.  I cannot find where to remove a number and add a new one.  I've gone to my mobile devices (iphone, ipad) as well as my mac and I'm getting a bit frustrated with it.  I'm sure there's a simple solution and I'm just missing it.  Going to settings>messages>send&receive....there is the old number and no option to make a correction.  I've unchecked it but why can't I add the new number?  On my iphone the ONLY option that shows up is my current number but when I set up my new ipad I have the issue described here.  I want this number completely removed from my account there has to be a way to get it out of the system.  

Also when going to settings>facetime>you can be reached at:  shows email addresses as well as the OLD phone number with no option to make the correction, remove the incorrect number, or add a new number.  I figured this was tied in to my appleID since thats when it showed up (right when I signed in on my ipad).  So I went to itunes on my mac and went to my account and there I find AppleID Summary, itunes in the cloud, purchase history, and settings.  I've gone through each of those and am still unable to figure out where to change it.  Somebody PLEASE tell me where to find this data so I can change it.  I've seen multiple inquiries about this all over the internet but everyone's solution is to do exactly what I've already done.  No resolution to the real issue. 


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment