Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

iPad is receiving incorrect MetaData over Home Sharing

I have a large DVD collection.  Recently I have taken to burning it for backup onto my External Hard Drive as my previous DVD collection was lost in a fire.  I thought since I was doing this, I might as well put all of my movies that I have in hard copy form into iTunes because I could put it on my iPad.  I travel a lot and this way I could take a movie for the flight, train, bus, whatever.  I also have used it to sync TV Shows that I have backed up my DVD version to my hard drive.  Tonight I was accessing my iTunes over Home Sharing to watch a tv episode on my iPad and I had a strange glitch happen.  First my TV Shows arrived grouped at random season by season, not delegated by show, as they are in iTunes.  I have carefully gone through and loaded in MetaData for every episoe and every season of each show as well as each movie and they load correctly in iTunes.  However on the iPad I was shown DVD covers accompanied with "Season _" for every season of each show I was on.  i.e. for Boy Meets World there were 7 individual seasons listed as "Season _".  However what was stranger was when I went to watch the show I wanted.  I clicked on the DVD cover and it opened, to show the episode listings for a completely different show, and the DVD cover for that show replaced the one I had clicked.  When I clicked back, it magically reappeared as the show I wanted.  I found the DVD cover for the show it magically turned to and clicked that, hoping the two would cancel each other out, but it was the correct show.  Farther down the list I found no DVD covers listed at all (I have put artwork for every tv show I have) simply "Season _" accompanied by no DVD cover having to guess what was what by luck.  None of the options, in any season, were the show I was looking for, which I know is on my iTunes.  My question is, what could possibly have gone wrong in the MetaData that it loads over Home Sharing incorrectly.  It also seemed to dislike any show with more than three seasons as it only showed DVD covers for three seasons of each show before it stopped showing.

 

Can anyone help me out on this one?  It wouldn't even load shows that I had purchased on iTunes, it would only sometimes load correctly and sometimes incorrectly the shows I had burned from my collection and manually added information for.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment