Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

No sound at all on iPad 2

On Friday my iPad worked fine. Today, there is absolutely no sound. No apps, no music, no videos, no lock sounds, and no key sounds. I have power-cycled many times, I have rebooted by pressing home and power several times and that would give me the unlock sound, but if I tried to go to music, I would get no sound. I have checked the slide key on the side and it is set to orientation not mute. I even turned it to mute end went back and forth a few times then turned back to orientation.  I have double-clicked home and checked that mute on the left and it says it is not muted. There is no volume slide control on iTunes or on the volume slide under  the home double-tap screen. I don't know if it would change anything, but on Friday night, it was lying on the tale and a glass of water spilled next to it. It got wet and was immediately dried off. It want saturated nor was the water poured all over it, just the back got wet. That is all that I can think of that could have harmed it. Everything else works fine.


 


1. Double-click the Home button and swipe the Task Bar (at bottom) to the right. Check volume and mute settings.

 


2. Try a reset. Hold the Sleep and Home button down for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment