Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

not as described

This is the first time that an Apple product does not work as I expected in almost 20 years. I have tried everything with my Apple TV3. Moved the router, checked its settings, fine-tuned it, wrote emails to my ISP, downloaded iStumbler, connected the ATV3 to the router via Ethernet, changed the HDTV settings, switched TVs, switched HDMI cables, restarted, restored, changed settings in several software updates, tried 720p instead of 1080p, put the ATV3 higher, then lower, near the TV, away from the TV. In the meantime, mirrored from the iPad, streamed music and photos from the MBP, watched Vimeo, YouTube, movie trailers, movies from internet sites, read these discussions since December, while still getting al least 3 or 5 interruptions (buffering?) during each video session; OK some videos are very short and I can watch 'non interruptus.'

What is Apple TV good for? Not sure, but I think that my next Apple product will be a fast, reliable computer that I will hook up directly to the HDTV. Problem solved.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment