Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Original iPad Ghost / Phantom Touching

Please save my iPad (and my sanity),

 

I have had my iPad since they were released (May 2010 I think) and have used it everyday since then with no problems.  Recently I noticed that the touchscreen seemed to operate on its own, by opening apps, typing on screen, scrolling, zooming without any human intervention.

 

I took it into my local Apple Store who recommended that I Firmware Restore it (hold Home & Sleep buttons for more than 8 seconds) and then try using it.

 

Did that, and the problem returned.

 

I took it back into my local Apple Store who decided that it must be a faulty screen and so replaced it with a new iPad.

 

Took it home and rather than Restore from a previous Backup which may have been corrupted I added my apps, files, data back across.  The problem started again on the new iPad.

 

I took it back to my local Apple Store who decided that it must be firmware related as it couldn't affect two iPads with the same hardware issue.  So, in the store we did a Firmware Restore which worked in the store and then I copied across some apps and all seemed fine so I left the store.

 

Took it back home, copied some more files across and the problem started again.

 

I am getting seriously frustrated with this now and despite a seemingly large number of online users reporting the same issue there doesn't appear to be a factual / scientfic root cause identified, let alone a fix.

 

Please help as my last resort is to Firmware Restore the iPad, then wipe my MBP and thn reinstall the O/S and add my files back to see if there is something on my MBP which is corrupted and is causing the issue on my iPad when I sync it over.

 

Thanks.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment