Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

To sync my mom's iPad, iTunes is saying I need to uninstall and reinstall the 64-bit version, but that is the version I already installed. Thoughts?

I am trying to upgrade the iOS on her 1st generation iPad, but I can't even get iTunes to recognize her iPad.  When I plug the iPad in, iTunes gives me a popup that says "This iPad cannot be used because the required software is not installed.  Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install the 64-bit version of iTunes."  The thing is, I have already went through the troubleshooter's steps of restarting the iPad, restarting my computer, uninstalling all my Apple software, verifying the files were deleted, and then reinstalling iTunes.  And yes, I installed the 64-bit version of iTunes.  I have a PC running 64-bit Windows 7.  Any thoughts?  All are appreciated!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment